Friday, September 18, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

We went to Marty and Mary's house, in Thorndon, just outside of Denver, a really nice house, it was so great to see them. Marty and my dad were very close friends, my dad died 12 years ago, and it was great to hang out and talk about dad. I hadn't realized that Marty and Dad were such heavy drinking buddies, mostly getting into trouble on the many trips to Puerto Vallarta. We then went to Marty's son's house, David, who I have not seen for probably 20 years. There was David, his wife Ellen, and their 2 sons, the oldest a high school senior starting the college application process. I must digress. My first car was a 68 Camero, Rally Green. It was beautiful, I hand waxed that car myself at least twice a month. I took the engine apart and put headers on it. Not sure why I sold it, but I sold it to David. For all these years, I thought David had painted it orange and then totaled it. So, I brought up that sore subject at dinner, and it turns out that David did paint it orange, with two black racing stripes down the middle, but he did not total it. In fact, he put in a cool 4 speed and raced it, and the car was happly sold to some new appreciative owner. That made my night.

We had a great night visiting, slept, then Marty and Mary treated us to a great breakfast out, and we left for Las Vegas. We drove Hwy 70 west through the rocky mountains, past Vale and Aspin, just beautiful. There were some fall colors, pictured here. We drove through this extremely long tunnel, I guess its famous.








No comments: