Friday, September 18, 2009

Colarado at last


I am realizing it is difficult to write a blog, you have to organize your pictures, your thoughts and think back to what you have been doing. Errr, its difficult when you wait a few days that is. Anyway, I'll try to put together our trip, it might be a bit randomly layed out.
We drove, and drove, and drove, to make the push to get to our long time family friends, Marty and Mary who live just outside of Denver. We couldn't make it, it was too much driving for one day, about 10 hours. Kansas goes no forever, with pretty bland landscape. We wanted to at least make it to the Colorado border. Searching around on my "Tom Tom" navigational thingy, I found the town of Limon, about 90 minutes outside of Denver, and with my (coolest phone ever, Pam) i-pod I located another Comfort Inn and made an on line reservation. We drove, and drove. Good thing, when we got to Limon, the hotel had booked full. Lots of cowboys here, trucks with horse trailers, maybe it was a horse convention.
We had dinner at Oscars, an ok restaurant next to the hotel, with a movie theme, all the menu items were movie names. Yawn. We ate and went to sleep. Oh, the picture, we passed huge fields of sunflowers, I mean really large sunflowers, all grown in perfectly straight rows, to be harvested and delivered to the flower shop near you!!

No comments: